Friday, June 13, 2008

Kolkata Calling....!

Today evening I am going to Kolkata. Its been a longtime I visited the city of Joy, almost one & half years. So very excited about my visit. Meeting relatives & friends are one of the main reason of excitement but overall the enigma of Kolkata always been a big influence on me & I like visiting that place again & again. As they say you can love kolkata, You can hate kolkata but simply you cannot ignore Kolkata. So true! This city has an amazing aura.
Then food buff like me- In bengali I call it- Khaddo Rosik has some more reason to love the place. So Khaddo rosik like me are always excited to be in Kolkata & taste all those different types of fish, Mughlai & chinese preperations. Who can forget the famous rolls of Haji. Biryanis of Aminia. Also the road side Alur chop & phuluri wallas. Its a favourite time evening snacks with Muri. Yes calories & fats are in abundance in these foods but our body can give us levy to have these slow poisons once in a while especially during vacation. Sweets- The Bengalis & sweets are colonial cousins. Tasty Rosogollas, Milk cakes are delicious there. Last but not the least Himsagar mangos, I simply love it.
Kolkata calling, where are you man? Yaa yaa am coming!

No comments: