Monday, June 2, 2008

Bangla- Sweeter Than Sweetest Language (Ishhh...)

Bangla is a arguably the sweetest language of all the languages spoken in India. I am hearing for years that Bangla is so sweet, sometimes I wonder which are those sentences or words which has created such a niche amonst all the languages spoken all over India. Let me take a detailed view on it.

Aami tomake bhalo bashi.... This sentence has always have a strong effect in teenagers. I remember when I am in school friends use to ask me often whether this is the way "I Love U" is translated in Bangla. I wondered whether this sentence is so strong that is going to make a great effect to propose a bengali girl only or it has a hysteric effect in proposing other girls too.

Then "Ogo Suncho"...This is a typical sentence used in most of the bengali household by better half to call his/her other better half.

Ki Korchish....This is a typical way most of the time whenever I met my close non bengali family friend enquired about me.

Also the Bengalis eat everything & don't drink anything is a point of attraction. Jol khabo, Juice kheachi etc.

Then who can forget Ishhh.... This word has that aura which specially girls love it. She doesnt need to be bengali for it. Then who can forget Devdas where Paro was in love with this word apart from Devdas.

One reason may be because most of the words in Bangla ends with a tone of "O" & the way bengali delivers most of the words with soothing tone of "O" like Jabo, Khabo, Sobo, Ki korcho, kota bajlo...

Also the bengali is a uncomplicated language & someway related with Hindi. Our National Anthem is also in Bengali & from the childhood everybody is singing in the morning assembly. So the fascination for the Bangla language gets inculcated from the childhood.

Bankim Chandra's Vande Mataram is also in Bengali. Our national anthem written by Rabindra nath Tagore & Bankim Chandra's Vande Mataram has significant effect in popularising bengali language in every household of India.

It is the soothing effect of Bangla language with its ancient richness by popularising it into masses by Rabindra Nath Tagore, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Michael Madhusudan Dutta, Bankim Chandra, Nazrul Islam, Sarat Chandra has given Bengali language a boost & created interest amongst all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sayantan,
Really liked this one. Nicely written . :)

Sandipan Mitra said...

Good one! Thank god you didn't steer towards the swear words. Being probashi, I am always so bad at them anyway. BUt yeah, I agree, its very very sweet